- Integrate respect and model the important teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Impart foundational knowledge of history, geography, government, economics, and the behavioral sciences.
- Employ the use of higher levels of cognitive thinking.
- Enhance reading, writing, speaking, and historical research skills.
- Integrate the tools necessary to learn tolerance and understanding of cultures, theologys, and lifestyles different from our own.
- Strive to integrate information and concepts from other disciplines into the teaching of social studies.
- Establish an environment which will encourage student involvement and self-expression.