It is our hope that students will become self-directed learners with highly developed critical thinking skills .We place a strong emphasis on integrating the different fields of science with other academic disciplines. The high expectations for these college level courses should enable our students to easily transition into any college environment. It is the goal of the Our Lady of Mercy science curriculum that our students will develop the skills and attitudes necessary to become life-long learners and independent thinkers.
· To foster critical thinking skills through the use of the scientific method.
· To provide evidence for the interrelationships that exist between science and other academic disciplines.
· To provide relevant instruction and learning environments in a wide variety of science courses, which will prepare the graduating student for future science course work at any post-secondary institution that they may wish to attend.
· To promote independent thinking skills.
· To stimulate interest in the sciences and science-related fields.