• After Labor Day, eligible juniors and seniors with GPA's of 90.0r higher (no rounding) receive invitations to participate in the Selection Process. Transfer students who were inducted into NHS at a previous school may be eligible for NHS membership at OLM as long as they meet the standards of our chapter (please notify the NHS adviser Mr. Burguet).
• Eligible candidates indicate they will participate in the Selection Process by signing a form that must be turned in by the September deadline.
• Candidates are responsible for the completion of a two-page essay in which they address how they exemplify the National Honor Society standards of Leadership, Service, and Character. A time and location will be announced for the completion of the essay. The essay is then reviewed by the Faculty Council. Selection of candidates for membership is decided by a majority vote of the five-member council.
• Candidates are notified of the Council's decision by the first week of November. Appeals in cases of non-selection must be made at least three days prior to the induction date.
• The induction ceremony takes place the second week in November for the candidates selected for membership.