1. Ensure that students have the prerequisite skills necessary for successful completion of future college-level mathematics courses they may wish to pursue.
2. Expose students to a rich variety of problem-solving techniques and strategies including the appropriate use of technology.
3. Teach students to effectively communicate mathematical ideas and concepts in a clear and organized fashion.
4. Help students discover their own best learning styles as applicable to mathematics and assist teachers to incorporate instructional techniques that facilitate these learning styles in their classrooms.
5. Use technology to enhance students' understanding of mathematical concepts.
6. Illustrate how mathematics can be used in everyday life and how it relates to other disciplines.
7. Develop a sense of interest and curiosity that will encourage students to become life long learners of mathematics.